On the 200th anniversary of Odessa in Jerusalem was published the collection “From the history of Jewish Odessa”, the names of I. Babel, E. Bagritsky, I. Ilf, V. Inber, L. Slavin, D. Oistrakh, E. Gilels, V. Zhabotinsky, P. Stolyarsky and other celebrities.
By the way, Odessa is the last city in Europe, which created its own culture and language based on Jewish traditions.
During our excursion you will know:
- Who became the inventor of the vaccine against plague and cholera;
- Who was the man who became the co-author of one of the first movie cameras in world history;
- Who had the full right to say the phrase “School named me”
- Who from the classics of Russian literature does not have a Russian name at all?
- About people who became the initiators of literature in Hebrew and Yiddish;
- About famous musicians and bankers
- And much more.